Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports 12: 45 a. m. EDT September 20, 2013
THE PARTICULAR Q: How Reid and KC shut down Philly
With the four turnovers, the particular Kansas City Chiefs played with type of cushion — from 10-zip early to 16-6 at the half — that dictates rhythm and stream. The Eagles — with an 8th consecutive home loss, dating to last year — could never catch up.
Andy Reid, twenty six.
When it was over, Reid hugged his coaches and required a Gatorade shower.
“You never think you’ll be back here, but on this day, reddish colored never felt better, ” Reid said. “I appreciate the fans, anything that happened here. But this is sweet.
“We’re 3-0 and yes it makes the plane rides easier, but we still have a lot to improve upon. ”
So , what happened to Chip Kelly’s turbo-charged offense? On four days’ rest, the particular Blur Offense did not live up to its prolific billing.
PHOTOS: Best of NFL Week three or more
Does Donovan McNabb love you?
OOPS: Silver eagles center’s embarrassing snap
While Jackson was stymied, Chiefs receiver Donnie Avery took a webpage from the Eagles star and turned out to be the most lethal receiver on the industry. With several huge third-down conversions included, Avery caught seven goes by for 141 yards.
Vick entered the game with a 119. 0 passer rating that, if it held up for an entire season, would by far surpass his single-season higher. He looked comfortable in Kelly’s fast-tempo scheme, and threw sixty one passes in the first two video games without an interception.
But he suddenly reverted to Reid’s quarterback from last season, when he threw 10 interceptions and had an early-season fumbling bug.
“The game came down to the particular takeaways, ” Reid said. “I’m sure Chip is saying the same thing. ”
Vick’s first interception came on a short, deflected pass that Berry returned for a 38-yard touchdown. This, after Damaris Johnson muffed a punt that setup a quick field goal — the very first of four by Ryan Succop.
Another interception in the second quarter by Sean Smith, on a pass intended for Cooper, setup another Succop field goal.
The Chiefs couldn’t money in the turnovers for multiple touchdowns, but in the end they didn’t have to. It was a methodical effort, adequate to complete the mission and remain undefeated. In a lot of ways, the particular Chiefs won like Reid, the particular burly coach who has always appeared to be a bit uncomfortable — as he has been this week — in attracting attention to himself.
The Silver eagles rallied in the fourth quarter, which makes it a seven-point game. After Vick completed a 20-yard pass to Jason Avant, the Eagles went with a quick snap — among the tricky features of Kelly’s scheme — and LeSean McCoy made the particular Chiefs pay by darting for the 41-yard touchdown.
Eleven minutes remained. Plenty of time left for your Eagles to finish the job. But the Chiefs drove 75 yards in 15 plays to ice the game. The particular drive chewed up 8 a few minutes, 15 seconds, and was culminated by Succop’s 38-yard field goal.
Minutes later, a fifth turnover. Vick, sacked by the protective star of the night, linebacker Mr. bieber Houston (who had 3½ sacks), coughed up the football. To make issues worse, Vick hobbled off having an undetermined injury but early reports were that he’s OK.
Meanwhile, Reid made it very clear: He’s a Chief now, even after all those years in Philadelphia.
“Fourteen years is fourteen years, especially for a chubby old guy, ” he said. “I’m savoring my time in Kansas City. Actually is all kind of settling in right now, but I’m not sure how I really feel, other than I’m glad we obtained the win. ”
And for Reid, that was the perfect finishing.
- WATCH: Drew Brees vs . Philip Rivers in QB Trick Shot Challenge
- Ratings: CFB Preview: Team Nos. 39-30
- Mathieu starting to look like ‘Honey Badger’ once again
- Tom Brady gives rookie Deshaun Watson pointers after Patriots-Texans joint practices
- Lengthy ball dooms Verlander, Tigers within 10-4 loss to Rangers
- Young running backs getting up to speed in Packers camp
- SDSU cancels practice to try to quell chickenpox outbreak
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett sits during national anthem, plans to continue
- Ratings: Tiered CFB WR rankings
- Brewers’ Stearns, Counsell on acquisition of switch hitter Neil Walker
- WATCH: Grichuk triples in Cardinals’ make an impression on Braves
- Newton takes step, throws in person drills at camp
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott plans to appeal suspension, reps accuse NFL of 'factual inaccuracies'
- Sport institute head sentenced to 15 years for embezzlement
- Mickelson, Els reach milestone together within 100th major
- Ranks: Tiered CFB Fantasy QB search positions
- Dolphins defense still searching for way past Tom Brady, Patriots
- Rays look to keep season-series edge versus Red Sox (Aug 08, 2017)
- Boxing exercises: Redskins players benefit from your punches
- Betty holds on to win Women’s British Open
- LaDainian Tomlinson's stirring Hall of Fame speech on unity is one America needs to hear
- Vehicle Niekerk starts at worlds within qualifying for 400 meters
- Search positions: CFB Preview: Team Nos. 74-62
- Alabama’s Saban not planning to suspend Hand for DUI arrest
- Richard Sherman sees Colin Kaepernick saga as 'stay in your place' injustice
- Rams DL Dominique Easley to miss season with knee injury
- AP source: Pelicans get Clark upon 1-year deal at vet minimum
- Orioles look to beat Royals again (Aug 01, 2017)
- Jets rookie: Field is 'perfect place to die'
- Ranks: Top-300 Overall CFB Fantasy