Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports 12: 45 a. m. EDT September 20, 2013
THE PARTICULAR Q: How Reid and KC shut down Philly
With the four turnovers, the particular Kansas City Chiefs played with type of cushion — from 10-zip early to 16-6 at the half — that dictates rhythm and stream. The Eagles — with an 8th consecutive home loss, dating to last year — could never catch up.
Andy Reid, twenty six.
When it was over, Reid hugged his coaches and required a Gatorade shower.
“You never think you’ll be back here, but on this day, reddish colored never felt better, ” Reid said. “I appreciate the fans, anything that happened here. But this is sweet.
“We’re 3-0 and yes it makes the plane rides easier, but we still have a lot to improve upon. ”
So , what happened to Chip Kelly’s turbo-charged offense? On four days’ rest, the particular Blur Offense did not live up to its prolific billing.
PHOTOS: Best of NFL Week three or more
Does Donovan McNabb love you?
OOPS: Silver eagles center’s embarrassing snap
While Jackson was stymied, Chiefs receiver Donnie Avery took a webpage from the Eagles star and turned out to be the most lethal receiver on the industry. With several huge third-down conversions included, Avery caught seven goes by for 141 yards.
Vick entered the game with a 119. 0 passer rating that, if it held up for an entire season, would by far surpass his single-season higher. He looked comfortable in Kelly’s fast-tempo scheme, and threw sixty one passes in the first two video games without an interception.
But he suddenly reverted to Reid’s quarterback from last season, when he threw 10 interceptions and had an early-season fumbling bug.
“The game came down to the particular takeaways, ” Reid said. “I’m sure Chip is saying the same thing. ”
Vick’s first interception came on a short, deflected pass that Berry returned for a 38-yard touchdown. This, after Damaris Johnson muffed a punt that setup a quick field goal — the very first of four by Ryan Succop.
Another interception in the second quarter by Sean Smith, on a pass intended for Cooper, setup another Succop field goal.
The Chiefs couldn’t money in the turnovers for multiple touchdowns, but in the end they didn’t have to. It was a methodical effort, adequate to complete the mission and remain undefeated. In a lot of ways, the particular Chiefs won like Reid, the particular burly coach who has always appeared to be a bit uncomfortable — as he has been this week — in attracting attention to himself.
The Silver eagles rallied in the fourth quarter, which makes it a seven-point game. After Vick completed a 20-yard pass to Jason Avant, the Eagles went with a quick snap — among the tricky features of Kelly’s scheme — and LeSean McCoy made the particular Chiefs pay by darting for the 41-yard touchdown.
Eleven minutes remained. Plenty of time left for your Eagles to finish the job. But the Chiefs drove 75 yards in 15 plays to ice the game. The particular drive chewed up 8 a few minutes, 15 seconds, and was culminated by Succop’s 38-yard field goal.
Minutes later, a fifth turnover. Vick, sacked by the protective star of the night, linebacker Mr. bieber Houston (who had 3½ sacks), coughed up the football. To make issues worse, Vick hobbled off having an undetermined injury but early reports were that he’s OK.
Meanwhile, Reid made it very clear: He’s a Chief now, even after all those years in Philadelphia.
“Fourteen years is fourteen years, especially for a chubby old guy, ” he said. “I’m savoring my time in Kansas City. Actually is all kind of settling in right now, but I’m not sure how I really feel, other than I’m glad we obtained the win. ”
And for Reid, that was the perfect finishing.
- Write Decisions: Press Conference: Cowboys
- Tigers leave Seattle with sixth directly loss
- Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers look quite underpaid in wake of Derek Carr contract
- Edmonton’s Connor McDavid wins first Übertrieben kritisch Trophy as NHL MVP
- StaTuesday: Twins’ Gimenez making history… around the mound
- Dolphins preview: Young core looks to make a splash among AFC contenders
- Best Court pushes Redskins” name fight to society
- Long road: Koepka’s journey now includes a US Open title
- Fable Draft: Fantasy CFB expert model draft
- Taurasi eyes scoring record as Mercury visit Sparks (Jun 17, 2017)
- Kobayashi smashes qualifying record in Toyota front-row sweep for Le Mans
- Chiefs” Smith heading into season after vexing few months
- New York Jets’ most senior player is now long snapper Tanner Purdum
- Rams minicamp day two: Defense lights
- Sophomore slump ahead for Dak Prescott? Cowboys don’t seem remotely worried
- six NFL quarterbacks ready to break out in 2017
- The Hunt for Carson Wentz and Dad’s Day Books
- LA Chargers pass rusher Melvin Ingram agrees to 4-year deal
- NFL’s gambling policy appears consistently sporadic
- Chirinos’ 3-run HR in 11th lifts Rangers past Nationals 6-3
- Grading Bruce Arena in the USMNT’s 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Trinidad and Tobago
- Patriots’ Dion Lewis, finally healthy, practicing with ‘with no limitations’
- Quest, Hanigan selected in Wallabies XV to face Fiji
- Peyton Manning to advise Riddell on product development
- The particular 29 most annoying things within sports
- Jets to release longtime starting LB David Harris, reports say
- Wawrinka, Murray, Halep in action in 4th round in Paris
- Healy powers Athletics past Nationals, 10-4 (Jun 03, 2017)
- Mike Pereira: What makes NFL director of officiating job so tough
- Chiefs release WR Maclin in midst of voluntary workouts