Updated Oct 15, 2013 5: 41 PM ET
FOX Sports NFL Insiders give you the scoop on the latest news from around the gridiron. Check back here throughout the day for reports through Jay Glazer, Alex Marvez, Paul Garafolo and Peter Schrager.
Tuesday (Oct. 15)
• FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo reports the Packers have placed WR Randall Cobb (fractured fibula) on injured reserve with a designation to return. Cobb will miss a minimum of eight weeks.
Monday (Oct. 14)
• FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo reports Leaders running back David Wilson will not require neck surgery after seeing specialist Monday. Wilson expected to skip a few more weeks.
Sunday (Oct. 13)
• FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo reports Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib injured his hip flexor during the team’s make an impression on the Saints. The injury is not considered to be serious. (5: 45 l. m. ET)
Friday (Oct. 11)
• FOX Sports NFL Insider Alex Marvez reports that Buccaneers CB Johnthan Banks may be the third player on the team to be diagnosed with MRSA. A source also informs Marvez that Banks may still play vs . the Eagles on Sunday. (2: 15 p. mirielle. ET)
Wed (Oct. 9)
• Texans TE Owen Daniels (fibula) expected to get placed on hurt reserve Wednesday with designation to return in eight weeks, FOX Sports NFL Insider Alex Marvez verifies. (10: 32 a. m. PT)
Tuesday (Oct. 8)
• FOX Sports insider Mike Garafolo reports Colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw will undergo season-ending neck surgical treatment.
• FOX Sports insider Jay Glazer reviews Falcons WR Julio Jones is probably out for the rest of the year with a feet injury. Jones is getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine the severity of the injuries.
• FOX Sports insider Mike Garafolo reviews that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) is expecting to be cleared to play this Sunday against the Saints, according to a source.
Sunday (Oct. 6)
• FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo reports Giants working back David Wilson will get a 2nd opinion on his injured neck and could miss a few weeks. Wilson left Sunday’s loss to the Eagles following the very first quarter.
• The NFL won’t be using red penalty flags past Monday’s Jets-Falcons game because of the confusion they caused during Sunday’s action, a league spokesman tells FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo. The flags were being used to raise breast cancer awareness.
• The Raiders have released quarterback Matt Flynn, Fox Sports Insiders Mike Garafolo and Alex Marvez confirm. Flynn was acquired from the Seahawks and expected to be the starter, but he lost the job to Terrelle Pryor during the preseason.
• Free-agent QB Josh Freeman has chosen to sign a one-year contract worth $3 million with the Minnesota Vikings, FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo reports. The Buccaneers released Freeman on Thursday. (11: 45 p. m. ET)
• FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo reports the particular Raiders will work out free-agent QB David Carr on Tuesday. (12: 15 p. m. ET)
Saturday (Oct. 5)
• Expenses will work out veteran free-agent QB Dennis Dixon on Sunday, resource tells FOX Sports NFL insider Peter Schrager. (5: 15 l. m. ET)
• Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (back) will noy play Sunday against Bengals, source tells FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo. (12: 12 p. m. ET)
Friday (Oct. 4)
•Bills QB EJ Manuel (knee) to undergo MRI on Friday morning, Fox Sports NFL Insider Peter Schrager reviews. Manuel was injured in third quarter vs Browns on Thurs. (9: 28 a. m. ET)
•Browns RB Chris Ogbonnaya to have further medical tests Friday after suffering a concussion Thursday night against Bills, a source tells FOX Sports NFL Insider Alex Marvez. (8: 30 a. m. ET)
Thursday (Oct. 3)
•The Giants are close to acquiring linebacker Jon Beason through the Panthers in exchange for a late-round pick, source tells FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer.
•Free-agent WR Austin Collie sign with Patriots, source informs FOX Sports NFL Insider Paul Garafolo. Collie played his very first four years in the league with the Colts.
Wed (Oct. 2)
•Steelers have acquired Cardinals LUXURY TOURING Levi Brown via trade. Cardinals will receive a conditional draft pick.
•Titans intend to promote QB Rusty Smith through practice squad later this week since Ryan Fitzpatrick’s backup, source informs FOX Sports Insider Alex Marvez. Titans starting QB Jake Locker (hip/knee) out at least next few weeks.
Tuesday (Oct. 1)
• FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo reports Chargers DE Dwight Freeney will undergo season-ending surgery to get a torn quadriceps muscle suffered in Week 4.
• FOX Sports Insider Jay Glazer reports that Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman was told by team to not attend a group meeting today and to remain in the training room Tuesday. There is suspicion amongst players that Freeman was told to stay in the training room to create speculation that he blew off another meeting.
• Giants quarterback Jake Locker will not need surgery for hip injury experienced against Jets in Week 4, but expected “to miss a couple weeks, ” according to the team. Ryan Fitzpatrick will start in Locker’s place.
• Buccaneers phoning teams in effort to industry QB Josh Freeman. “They don’t have much to sell, ” rival GENERAL MOTORS tells FOX Sports Insider Alex Marvez
Mon (Sept. 30)
• FOX Sports Insider Paul Garafolo reports Titans QB Mike Locker will miss at least 4 weeks with hip injury suffered in Sunday’s 38-13 win over the Jets. The team is considering placing Locker, who was released from the hospital Monday following overnight stay, on IR with designation to return.
• Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson will not be fined for his hit on Cardinals WR Jaron Brown in Sunday’s game, an NFL spokesman tells FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo. The league is, however , reviewing the particular hit for a possible fine.
• FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo confirms Rechargers LB Dwight Freeney suffered a tear in his quadriceps in Sunday’s win over the Cowboys. A second opinion will determine the severity of the injury and whether Freeney will be lost for the remainder of the period.
Sunday (Sept. 29)
• FOX Sports Insider Jay Glazer reports Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski targeting Week 6 return through offseason back, forearm surgery. Sources say Gronkowski primarily concerned with back, not forearm.
• Tampa Bay Bucs QB Josh Freeman inactive Sunday against Cardinals; asked to watch game through suite, not sideline, source informs FOX Sports Insider Mike Garafolo.
• FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports that Oakland Raiders gamers were actually informed last night that QB Matt Flynn is starting after QB Terrelle Pryor exhibited concussion-like symtoms last night. Pryor sustained concussion in last week’s game. (9: 14 a. m. ET)