Editor’s Note: Rotoworld’s partner FanDuel is certainly hosting a one-day $6, 000 Fable College Football league for early games this Saturday. It’s 10 dollars to join and first prize is certainly $1, 200. Starts Saturday from 12pm ET. This the link .
UCF vs South Carolina, Noon EST on ABC
Blocking Clowney From Bortles
– Gamecocks junior DE Jadeveon Clowney admitted to bone spurs bothering him this season, but other offenses tendencies to run plays in the opposite direction likely hurts more. He is still considerably impacting gameplans, even if that doesn’t show on a box score.
– He’ll face an underrated talent in UCF redshirt junior LT Torrian Wilson, who is returning from an injury of his own. Wilson is an sports blocker who shows knee bend and length use to absorb plus redirect momentum.
– Furthermore focus on redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles, who some believe could be the top ranked passer heading in to next season. There’s a lot in order to like about the UCF leader, namely his pocket movement, placement plus timing on routes. Two questions to focus on: How will he perform below duress and can he attack the field vertically against a defense with speed?
Miami vs USF, Noon EST on ESPNU
Lynch’s Development, Henderson’s Sustained Success, and Morris’ Persistence
– USF redshirt sophomore DE Aaron Lynch looked amazing during his freshman year from Notre Dame. This will be my very first exposure to him this season, but reviews state Lynch is a bit lighter plus potentially a different player this season.
– Hopefully he sees period opposite senior T Seantrel Henderson, another ridiculous talent. There have always been questions about Henderson off the field, which is only heightened by ‘s Golden choosing to pull him away from games on occasion for Jon Feliciano. Henderson has some technique issues to operate on, namely preventing an immediate inside rush, but his punch is certainly outstanding and few prospects their size have similar movement skills.
– I am still a huge fan of senior QB Stephen Morris, but he needs to display consistent success throughout an entire sport. I love his pocket movement plus downfield ability, however , more poise and patience would be welcomed.
LSU vs Georgia, three or more: 30pm EST on CBS
: No one has improved more on the position since last year’s sport against Alabama than Mettenberger. He or she looked much more decisive then, yet his fit in Cam Cameron’s offense has taken his game to the next level. We know his pocket movement plus motion can be a bit slow, yet Mettenberger has sped up his making decisions and progression work. An important factor that brings it all together could be the quarterback’s willingness to fire in the face of the rush or when being covered up. He could be the best top to bottom passer in the class.
: Beat writers noted this summer that will Georgia’s defense was built around sophomore S Josh Harvey-Clemons. The young unit will have a very difficult time containing WR Jarvis Landry, which wins at the catch point, plus WR Odell Beckham, a big enjoy threat.
Oklahoma vs Notre Dame, 3: 30pm EST on NBC
The Belldozer Versus the Hog Mollies
– Sooners junior QB Blake Bell took over for injured redshirt freshman Trevor Knight. He has just attempted 63 passes in his career, and I hope the school gameplans some easy throws to joystick slot machine receiver Jalen Saunders.
: Bell specializes in short yardage circumstances, but that will be difficult against massive NT Louis Nix and heavy five technique DL Stephon Tuitt. Be sure to notice if sophomore DL Sheldon Day is playing, given that he is questionable. Day is a squatty defensive end but holds the point of attack very well.
Wisconsin vs Ohio State, 7: 00pm EST on ABC
Gordon Goes Against Shazier
– Badgers senior RB James White will likely draw the beginning, but redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon is the one to watch. They are the top draft-eligible prospect at the place. Many question the success of Wisconsin running backs, but Gordon has excellent straight-line speed and makes more people miss at the second level than you’d think.
: Rotoworld contributor Ross Fulton had written an extensive break down on Gordon plus Ohio State stud LB Ryan Shazier, who fits the mildew that the NFL is looking for.
: Be sure to note how head trainer Urban Meyer handles his 2 quarterback system, with Braxton Callier starting despite Kenny Guiton displaying positive passing ability.
Texas A& M vs Arkansas, 7: 00pm EST on ESPN2
Manziel Faces The Pass Rush
– We are a few weeks removed from Johnny Manziel beating Alabama’s coverage down the field plus outside the numbers on multiple occasions. I questioned if he could, so expect the quarterback to find Paul Evans in similar situations once again.
– The Razorbacks sport two underrated pass rushers in Chris Smith (5. 5 sacks) and Trey Flowers (3 sacks). They’ll have a very difficult time on island destinations against LT Jake Matthews plus junior RT Cedric Ogbuehi.
– Speaking of Ogbuehi, I consider him a first-round talent. He could be the next prospect to gain more national attention, along with FSU LB telvin Smith and Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro.
: This could be a tricky game, especially if Arkansas can get a few stops defensively and keep Manziel off the field because of an offense devoted to the running sport.
1 . Oregon redshirt sophomore QB Marcus Mariota
2 . Clemson QB Tajh Boyd
3. Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater
four. Alabama QB The. J. McCarron
5. Texas A& M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel
six. Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon